Saturday, September 27, 2008

Spyware Attack!!!

Yesterday my laptop was attacked by spyware and i have to reformat my laptop and that is what i did for the past whole day at office - format...

I do what i usually do when i reach office, making myself a cup of coffee, check my mail, read some news, etc before i start my work. So yesterday the 1st thing to do for my work is to install a FTP software as i need to monitor files transfer process. I need to turn off my anti-virus due to some installing process. Then the GREAT part comes in, after i install the software, boom! my laptop attacked by spyware. My whole C:\ is gone, task manager is log, and few of my desktop icon was gone as well...

So i have to run a scan on my laptop to clear out the spyware and it takes almost 1 hour i think. The anti-virus manage to capture 6 malicious files and deleted it. But to be sure, i scan my laptop again and it took another 1 hour , =_='''

I though it was done and i login to my laptop to find out that my C:\ still missing, task manager still locked and suddenly my laptop hang... Looks like there are no other choice than reformat my laptop, specifically format my C:\ as the spyware suspected to be 'hiding' somewhere in C:\

While waiting my laptop to be reformat, i went for lunch and when i come back from lunch the reformat process is over. Still, the work is not done as i need to install all the software and restore some files and database for my work...This takes nearly all the noon session. When i finish all these is already near 5pm. So i 'lepak' in the internet for half an hour more than off i go from office...

Pleasing and wonderful friday right? Muahaha!!!

No comments: