Sunday, March 1, 2009

A visit to Dong Zhen Temple

2 Days before Chap Goh Meh aka Latern Festival, me and my friends pay a visit to Dong Zhen Temple, Jenjarom.



It was my 1st visit and it does not disappoint me at all. We reach there around 6pm and already have certain amount of people crowded the place. We parked at the road side near the flower garden with a big cow represents the year of Ox in the middle of the garden. There were also 11 others animal from the chinese zodiac.



Surely cant miss the chance to take photo with my own zodiac sign.



We then walk to a place where there's 33 Guan Yin statue along the road side.



We donate money and get these coins and use it to make a wish in front of Guan Yin.



We have to choose one of the 33 Guan Yin statue that each represent something meaningful.



I choose to make a wish in front of a thousand hand Guan Yin that related to business, said my friend.



After that, we throw the coin up to a tree to complete the wishing cycle with me posing in front of the tree. -_-|||



People were trying hard to get their coins up to the tree.

The area was well take care and decorate prior to chinese new year.



Me and Ah Wah aka Kim Wah.



With Benny,



Entered a hall named 大雄宝殿.



Pray to god for a good and prospect year ahead.



Three of us posting inside the hall.



Night view of Dong Zhen temple was gorgeous when the lights are turn on.



A group photo before leaving, Jun was the girl's name in the photo.

I had fun and was a new experience for me, guess i'll be coming back next year.



Guess will be seing a tiger next year XD

1 comment:

CLIFFORD SUN said...

Just cant help it cause the pic of the huge cow makes me go Mooo~ lol